Tuesday, July 26, 2011

80 80 80 80 80

While most of you are going gaga over Harry Potter, I am going gaga over 80's teen movies. When my friends watched Harry Potter (couldn't go since I had school the next day and they always watch in Eastwood) I stayed home and watched Pretty in Pink. Pretty in Pink is a 1986 movie directed by Howard Deutch, starring the famous Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer, Andrew McCarthy and so on...

15

It is about this "poor girl", Andie Walsh, who dreams to be rich and live in a beautiful house. Since she can't afford to buy clothes, she would make them by herself.

16

Andie's best friend, Duckie, is in love with her.

17

The bitches of the movie a.k.a. the rich ones

1

And ahhhh!!!!! Blane Mcdonnagh, the rich guy who falls in love with Andie.

2

I super j'adore the floral pants & crochet vest going on! That's what I love about the 80's, DETAILS are VERY IMPORTANT.

3

4

His eyes are sooooooooooo beautiful.

5

Noticed they wear two types of earrings, a couple of the normal ones and one long/big piece.

6

7

The other best friend

8

10

12

13

Love everything about this outfit as well!

14

Blane's best friend, who is trying to stop him from liking Andie.

Here are 3 outfits that I created that were inspired from the movie...

pretty in pink 1


pretty in pink 2

pretty in pink 3

I suggest you to watch this movie even though it is an average chick flick movie. It is nice sometimes to watch movies that came from another "era", you'll learn a lot about their culture and the fashion which I truly enjoy.

Another movie that I also fell in love with the outfits and of course the story was Can't Buy Me Love. Can't Buy Me is a 1987 movie that was directed by Steve Rash, starring Patrick Dempsey, Amanda Peterson, Courtney Gains and etc...

c1

Meet Cindy, a rich and popular girl who everyone adores

c2

And Ronald, (on the left) a dork who likes Cindy, with his best friend.

c3

Guys who wear short shorts!!! And small tight shirts. How do you feel about that?

c4

I like his glasses! Actually, it's pretty popular nowadays right? And Ronald (Patrick Dempsey) kinda reminds me of Mike Concepcion here.

c5

c6

I want that bra/bathing suit top with fringes! I think its hot and cute. Lol pair it with a bottom which also has fringes? NO. Actually I just googled it now, and you would see em' lingerie with fringes on belly dancer. But then theirs are beads and other materials.

c6a

c7

c8

Tribal-ish earrings! Aha! I saw this on Pretty Little Liars as well and you know what's good? They sell 'em in Divisoria!!! Can't wait to get back to that place.

c9

Cropped top on guys? Hahaha Now I can imagine you Rafael wearing this, okay not really.

c10

c11

c12

c13

Love them both, love their styles. So I created two polyvore sets inspired from them -
cantbuymelove1

cant buy me love 2


I also suggest to watch this movie because yeah, its just nice. I like the story and the characters, it's a bit different from the other average teen movies... I think.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Don't worry, I will be making more since I've been watching teen movies from the 80's for the past weeks already.
295830_728x90