Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Michael van der Ham: RTW S/S 2012

Hey ya'll! It tis London's RTW S/S 2012 fashion week and I've been checking out Style.com lately and discovered this young designer, Michael van der Ham. When I saw his name I automatically guessed that he is Dutch, and lately (since I met my boyfriend) I've been very curious about the Dutch fashion. There are not a lot of Dutch designers that are internationally known, and I think they are quite growing just like Filipino designers who are slowly getting known outside the country.

Michael van der Ham is a 24 year old Dutch designer who moved to London to work for Sophia Kokosalaki and Alexander Mcqueen. After that, he took MA at Central St. Martins, an art univeristy, and his career just boomed!

I think his direction will be a bit same as mine, maybe after a few years of studying in SoFa, I will move to the Netherlands, get a MA where Iris van Herpen and Viktor & Rolf studied then get an internship under a certain designer. For me, I think it will work best for me if I get trained first by professional designers before I start on my own.

Back to van der Ham, his collection is a bit on the conservative edge yet playful with the collaboration of the fabrics, patterns and colors that he used. He is known for mix and matching different  fabrics to create something "different" inspired from the dresses that was designed by Andy Warhol for an exhibition.

Here are some of the outfits that really caught my eye 
Image source: Style.com

















295830_728x90